Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Picking up values from other tables

Hi,

I have one excel sheet with10columns and in every of them I need to enter
values that are contained in another table (different format, but columns
have same header name).
Since I have to do this job for more tables, instead of picking up the
values manually and paste them in the sheet, I'd like to automate the
process.

Can anybody help?

Thank you
Alex

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi alex
could you explain a little bit more how your data is structured and how
you want to transfer the data automatically (maybe give an example)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Doria/Warris wrote:
Hi,

I have one excel sheet with10columns and in every of them I need to
enter values that are contained in another table (different format,
but columns have same header name).
Since I have to do this job for more tables, instead of picking up

the
values manually and paste them in the sheet, I'd like to automate the
process.

Can anybody help?

Thank you
Alex

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

A very simple method if you want to copy just the values from a range on one
sheet1 to other sheets (in the example sheet2 and sheet3) follows.....

Sub CopyMultiple()

Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A2:H15").Copy

Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A2").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues

Sheets("Sheet3").Range("A2").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues

Application.CutCopyMode = False

End Sub

Cheers
Nigel

"Doria/Warris" wrote in message

I have one excel sheet with10columns and in every of them I need to enter
values that are contained in another table (different format, but columns
have same header name).
Since I have to do this job for more tables, instead of picking up the
values manually and paste them in the sheet, I'd like to automate the
process.

Can anybody help?

Thank you
Alex

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
first: please don't attach files to this NG. alsways post in plain
text!

For your question: Insert the following formula in B14:
=IF(ISNA(INDEX($A$1:$G$9,MATCH($A14,$A$1:$A$9,0),M ATCH(B$13,$A$1:$G$1,0
))),"",INDEX($A$1:$G$9,MATCH($A14,$A$1:$A$9,0),MAT CH(B$13,$A$1:$G$1,0))
)
and copy this formula down/to the right

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Doria/Warris wrote:
Frank,

The source data is a plain excel table with 10 columns and 10 rows.

The Y column in the destination file is a column including a formula
to calculate certain parameters from the A,B,C, Rows.
This makes the copy/paste process a bit longer because I have to do
it line by line and splitted, the part before the Y first and then
the part after the Y.

The excel enclosed shows a sample.
Hope this clarifies a bit more.

Thank you