Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Timer control for Excel VBA

Hello all,

I got an error when posting this originally so I am hoping this is not a duplicate.

Anyways, does there exist a timer control for Excel VBA forms like there does for VB6.0 forms?

If so, what is the reference so I may set it and have access to the timer control to add to my Excel VBA form.

Thank you in advance,

blc
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Not sure what type of Timer you're after.

I have some examples on my website. Schedule a macro by API, Subsecond Wait,
Speed Test Range Reads

"blc" wrote in message
Hello all,

I got an error when posting this originally so I am hoping this is not a

duplicate.

Anyways, does there exist a timer control for Excel VBA forms like there

does for VB6.0 forms?

If so, what is the reference so I may set it and have access to the timer

control to add to my Excel VBA form.

Thank you in advance,

blc

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The answer is no, but if you are scheduling, then
See Chip Pearson's site for the Ontime method.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm

Tom Ogilvy

"blc" wrote in message
Hello all,

I got an error when posting this originally so I am hoping this is not a

duplicate.

Anyways, does there exist a timer control for Excel VBA forms like there

does for VB6.0 forms?

If so, what is the reference so I may set it and have access to the timer

control to add to my Excel VBA form.

Thank you in advance,

blc

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The timer control I was refering to is in the Toolbox for Visual Basic 6.0.

It is part of the common controls. You can set the "interval" for the Timer event. For instance you can set the timer to fire the "Timer" event every 1 or 2 seconds. Whatever code is inside the timer event gets executed. I thought this was a common control...

Thanks again in advance,

blc

"blc" wrote in message
Hello all,

I got an error when posting this originally so I am hoping this is not a

duplicate.

Anyways, does there exist a timer control for Excel VBA forms like there

does for VB6.0 forms?

If so, what is the reference so I may set it and have access to the timer

control to add to my Excel VBA form.

Thank you in advance,

blc

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe I'm confused, but "fire an event every 1 or 2 seconds" and scheduling
are the same thing.

Excel's OnTime has issues. Yes, the issues can all be addressed, but it's
still a pain to use.
Suggest you use SetTimer API as on Chip's page. Examples on my website for
firing every 2 seconds.