Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
AL AL is offline

Default Can Excel Macro DoubleClick Icon?

is it possible for an Excel Macro to doubleclick an icon
{or shortcut} located on my Desktop?

When doubleclicked, the icon initiates a monarch process
which transfers information from a mainframe download
format to an excel spreadsheet.

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
instead of this (I doubt this is possible) you could use the SHELL
method to start a different program

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Al wrote:
is it possible for an Excel Macro to doubleclick an icon
{or shortcut} located on my Desktop?

When doubleclicked, the icon initiates a monarch process
which transfers information from a mainframe download
format to an excel spreadsheet.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
AL AL is offline

Thanks Frank. Could you please give me an example of
shell code that would start a different program?

Al wrote:
is it possible for an Excel Macro to doubleclick an icon
{or shortcut} located on my Desktop?

When doubleclicked, the icon initiates a monarch process
which transfers information from a mainframe download
format to an excel spreadsheet.

Thanks in advance.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
just have a look at the VBA help for the shell command. It includes an
example

--
Regards
Frank Kabel