Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Combo update filtering

I have the same problem. I need my combo boxes to update each other.
have 6 combo boxes and as i select criteria i want it to filter th
records so as to limit the choices in the following combo boxes... i
this possible like it is in access????

Your help would be much appreciated :0)

Helen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Go he
HTH

"Profairy " wrote in message
I have the same problem. I need my combo boxes to update each other. I
have 6 combo boxes and as i select criteria i want it to filter the
records so as to limit the choices in the following combo boxes... is
this possible like it is in access????

Your help would be much appreciated :0)

Helen x

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You might want to look at the built in Autofilter capability under
Data=Filter=Autofilter.

--
regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"Profairy " wrote in message
I have the same problem. I need my combo boxes to update each other. I
have 6 combo boxes and as i select criteria i want it to filter the
records so as to limit the choices in the following combo boxes... is
this possible like it is in access????

Your help would be much appreciated :0)

Helen x

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Thanks for the link and the tips... I'm trying to find the VBA code t
run a macro to do this for me. Any ideas? My combo boxes are on a use
form. I don't want our users to be able to access the excel data sheet
directly and i'm trying to do it all via GUI forms.

Hele

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Again,
Having your code apply an Autofilter might be way to go. You can get that
code by turning on the macro recorder and applying the filter yourself. You
can not get the lists from the autofilter, but you can use special cells,
looking at the visible cells to get a listing of conditional values to
display.

John Walkenbach shows how to get a unique, sorted list using a collection
and a bubble sort:

Filling a ListBox With Unique Items

Tom Ogilvy

"Profairy " wrote in message

Thanks for the link and the tips... I'm trying to find the VBA code to
run a macro to do this for me. Any ideas? My combo boxes are on a user
form. I don't want our users to be able to access the excel data sheets