Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Need a Quick answer on this one.........

I have three columns of numbers....I need to find exact matches between 2 of
them. If a match is found I need to copy a number from the other column to
an empty column. For example, if any number in column B matches any number
in column C, then copy the number in A (next to the match it found in B) to
column D.

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks,
Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try,

=IF(A1=B1,C1,IF(A1=C1,B1,IF(B1=C1,A1,"No Match")))

Untested, but should work.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Are you talking about any cell in COLUMN A matching any Cell in COLUMN
or C

Mat

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On possible "quick" solution might be the following. However, this returns
an #N/A error if all numbers are unique. Not sure how you want to handle
that. This looks at the three numbers in A1:C1

=SUM(A1:C1)-2*MODE(A1:C1)

HTH
Dana DeLouis

"Dan B" wrote in message
I have three columns of numbers....I need to find exact matches between 2

of
them. If a match is found I need to copy a number from the other column

an empty column. For example, if any number in column B matches any

number
in column C, then copy the number in A (next to the match it found in B)

column D.

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks,
Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Assuming you want to match with any cells in columns b and c this shoul
do what you want.

Sub find_match()
A = 1
Do Until IsEmpty(Range("a" & A).Value)
Range("b65536").End(xlUp).Select
Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlUp)).Select

'Columns("B:B").Select
For Each cell In Selection

If Range("a" & A).Value = cell Then
Range("d" & cell.Row).Value = Range("a" & A).Value

GoTo here
End If
Next
Range("c65536").End(xlUp).Select
Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlUp)).Select
For Each cell In Selection

If Range("a" & A).Value = cell Then
Range("d" & cell.Row).Value = Range("a" & A).Value

GoTo here

End If
Next
he
A = A + 1

Loop

End Sub

Let me know if you need it do anything else

Cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for all the help. After some rearranging of data, and help from
another post, I got it to work with this formula:
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(C4,A$4:B$10,2,FALSE)),0,VLOOKUP(C 4,A$4:B$10,2,FALSE))

Thanks to all!