Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Creating a Sum

We estimate construction projects at an early design
stage. Part of a typical estimate looks something like:

Interior Construction

Item Qty Unit Unit Cost Cost
------------------- ------ ----- ----------- -------
Partitions - DW 260 LF $65.00 $16,900
- CMU 1,000 SF $12.50 $12,500
- CMU/Bearing 500 SF $15.00 $ 7,500
Doors - Single/HM 10 EA $1,250 $12,500
- Single/Wood/Glass 10 EA $1,500 $15,000

When we do a quality review of an estimate, i.e., giving
it the "smell" test, we frequently look at aggregate
numbers to see if they make sense. It would be handy to
have a macro to add two columns of data to the right of
each subcategory, in this case Partitions and Doors, the
first showing the total dollars for the category ($36,900
and $27,500 in this case) and the $/square foot of
building space, which is in a cell named TSF. Our method
of indentation is consistent; the macro could simply look
for a space at the beginning of the item.

Can anyone help me implement this?

TIA
Kevin Sprinkel