Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Command Button

Hi all,

I created a command button in my spreadsheet , now my
question is how I can assign my macro to this button .

Any inputs are appreciate.

Meme
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi meme

right mouse click on it and choose assign macro - if it is greyed out, click
on the border of the command button and try again

cheers
JulieD

"Meme" wrote in message
Hi all,

I created a command button in my spreadsheet , now my
question is how I can assign my macro to this button .

Any inputs are appreciate.

Meme

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi JulieD
I tried , there is no "assing macro " option at all, the
option it shows is
cut
copy
paste
property
grouping
order
format control

Please help!
Meme

right mouse click on it and choose assign macro - if it

is greyed out, click
on the border of the command button and try again

cheers
JulieD

"Meme" wrote in

message
Hi all,

I created a command button in my spreadsheet , now my
question is how I can assign my macro to this button .

Any inputs are appreciate.

Meme

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi meme

how did you create the command button?
if i use the one off the forms toolbar i get cut / copy / paste / edit text
/ grouping / order /assign macro / format control
what version of excel are you using?
what is your security settings set to (tools / macros / security)?

Cheers
julieD

"Meme" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Meme,

Dont select the button first. Hover your mouse over the button and right
click. This will select the button and bring up the popup menu all in one.
Assign macro will be listed.

All the best,

Steve Wilson.

"Meme" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi JulieD

Here is how I created my command button:
From the toolbar memo, I clike the command button, then
on the spreadsheet, the curser turned to a cross and I
draw a command button.
My excel version is MS 2000, and the security setting is
medium.

Thanks so much for your help
Meme
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Meme

You have created the button from the Control Toolbox.

You should have a "View Code" option when you right-click.

Paste your macro code in there...

OR create a button from the Forms Toolbar, which will allow the right-click
"assign macro".

Check out this google search result for more info.

http://snipurl.com/6v6v

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 11:17:20 -0700, "Meme"
wrote:

Hi JulieD

Here is how I created my command button:
From the toolbar memo, I clike the command button, then
on the spreadsheet, the curser turned to a cross and I
draw a command button.
My excel version is MS 2000, and the security setting is
medium.

Thanks so much for your help
Meme
if i use the one off the forms toolbar i get cut /

copy / paste / edit text
/ grouping / order /assign macro / format control
what version of excel are you using?
what is your security settings set to (tools / macros /

security)?

Cheers
julieD

"Meme" wrote in