Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Worksheet_change event

The Worksheet_change event seems to have stopped firing for me. I am
running Windows XP, Excel 2002 and have applied all currently released
patches. I have confirmed that Calculation is set to automatic in
Tools-Options, and ApplicationEnableEvents is True. I have security
set to medium and selected enable macros when prompted.

The workbook I'm using has a Worksheet_change event that worked for
quite a while - long enough that I had to look in my comments to see
when I last made a change to it. Now, for some reason, it simply
isn't firing. I put a MSGBOX in as the first line of the
Worksheet_change sub, and it is never reached.

Is there something in a recent patch that is causing my problem, or is
anyone aware of something else that might have changed to cause this?

Let me be clear about this - I haven't made any changes to the VBA in
this workbook for quite a while. I just opened it one day, entered
data and found that the event didn't fire.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Application.EnableEvents or macros disabled are the only culprits I can
recall causing this problem. Event though you are positive it is set to
true and macros are enabled, I would check again.

Are you opening the workbook using a macro that has a shortcut key that
includes the Shift key?

Tom Ogilvy

"Dwayne Smith" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom,

Yes, I've gone back and quadruple-checked those two items. I even
created a new workbook and put a simple worksheet_change macro in it,
and it fails as well.

What's even more frustrating is that other events DO fire correctly.

The one thing I haven't tried yet is to open that workbook on a
different system. That occurred to me as I was typing this message,
so I guess I'll do that this weekend sometime.

I'll let you know what happens.