Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Data Update Form

Dear All,

I'm fairly new to VBA and have only ever used Access VBA before. I'
trying to build a form that will enable the user to search the data o
my "Raw Data" sheet and then display these relevant rows in some sor
of sub form on the form? Is this possible like it is in Access?

Basically i need a combo box to place my search criteria in (this i
from a list of set choices) and then when i click the search button i
will bring back all data rows found so that they can edit it. Then
need to update this data and be able to click another button to get i
updated back in to the main data sheet.

Sorry it's hard to explain

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

have a look at autofilter or advanced filter.

unlike access, it's not easy to create an "updatable"
userform. instead you'll probably just work in the sheet itself.

You can then use a simple userform to set the the filter settings,
or you could do it all on the sheet itself using data validation
to achieve your dropdowns.

keepITcool

Profairy wrote:

Dear All,

I'm fairly new to VBA and have only ever used Access VBA before. I'm
trying to build a form that will enable the user to search the data on
my "Raw Data" sheet and then display these relevant rows in some sort
of sub form on the form? Is this possible like it is in Access?

Basically i need a combo box to place my search criteria in (this is
from a list of set choices) and then when i click the search button it
will bring back all data rows found so that they can edit it. Then I
need to update this data and be able to click another button to get it
updated back in to the main data sheet.

Sorry it's hard to explain.

---