Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Screen updating

I have been trying to inform users about the status of a
macro through a UserForm.

Unfortunately when I put the form on screen at the start
of the macro the form appears but the content is blank.
The macro runs then the form disappears, with the user
never seeing what is on the form.

How do I force Excel to wait for the whole form to be
displayed before proceeding with the rest of the macro?

I tried using the command Application.ScreenUpdating =
False but it didn't help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If at all, ScreenUpdating should be set to TRUE, not FALSE

You must have a UserForm1.Show i.e a SHOW statement somewhere, to make the form visible. AFTER that statement, add a line DoEvents; this might resolve it.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Keith,

The way to do this is to launch the form, and then launch the macro within
the form, close the form when the macro exits. This way the form will fully
paint before the macros starts.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips