Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Track a Memory Leak

Good afternoon all.

Have a bit of a perplexing one, at least for my limited knowledge.
just wrote some code for another user (in Excel.Miscellaneous) fro
scratch, and I noticed that afterwards, my Excel was running slow
Restarted (logged off my workstation) then logged back in, Excel wa
fine.

Just to test things, I re-ran the code, and suddenly I notice tha
after completion, my CPU is still at 100%. BUT, not for Excel.

It actually seems like Lotus Notes / Internet Explorer become th
drain.

Other weird bit. My code does a check to see which cell you ar
starting in. If you start in the first row, then a number later dow
the track gets changed. If you start in any other row, the numbe
remains the same.

The Memory leak only seems to occur on the first row. I just ran th
macro again, and nothing happened. CPU stayed at 0% while in any othe
row. Went to Row 1, ran the macro, and it's back up at 99%.

I have no idea what could be causing this memory drain. The code seem
to be exiting fine, and I can't think how

Code
-------------------

If CurrRow = 1 Then
SkipNumber = 2
End If

-------------------

Which sets the number for Row 1, could be causing such a huge drain.

Thanks for any help you can shed on this little mystery, I'll post m
code in a seperate reply, so as not to clutter up this post.

Thanks once again,

-Bo

XL 2007 - Out of Memory - memory leak/bug? PCLIVE Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 March 23rd 09 03:31 PM
Memory Leak in Excel ofra Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 August 28th 05 02:20 PM
Memory Leak MD Excel Programming 1 May 28th 04 05:14 PM
Memory Leak GSS[_2_] Excel Programming 1 December 22nd 03 09:21 PM
Memory Leak using ADO 2.6 Jason[_17_] Excel Programming 2 August 26th 03 02:42 PM