Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default internet data through marco into excel

I have a list of 7000 urls in excel and I need to copy and
paste text from each web page into my excel worksheet.
Does anyone know a macro code to do this? I've spend
endless hours trying to figure it out, but I have had no
success.

Thanks so much...I truly appreciate any advice, comments
or suggestions...

Help...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Rory,
Whenever you try to extract something from a specific spot in
a report, web page, or similar data where extraction was not the
intent you leave yourself open to having to update your code
every time anything changes in the report. Hopefully you don't
pass a mess onto the next person.

Chip Pearson has some code, and I almost guarantee that you will
have to update it even for his own example, but you can try modifying
for your material. It looks at the HTML source at the
website. A little change, an icon or words could send you scurrying
to update your code. Look for StockWeb two thirds down in
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/download.htm
Illustrates using Excel to download stock price information from the web. (22 KB)
I think the program builds the URL, invokes the URL and the pulls out the
information from the source of the url's HTML coding. There are other
examples around as well -- so you pull out some key words and search
for them on the web as well for further insight.
---
HTH,