Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel automation help...Involves multiple Excel files

Hi
First of all I am new to Excel programming..............But I can lear

Here is the description of the problem i have

There are about 10 excel sheets...
These sheets contains some daily updates(sheets updated manually)

Every week i create a new excel sheet which is based on the informatio
contained in those 10 sheets..

What I have to do is to automate the process of generating the weekl
excel sheet..This weekly sheet can be updated every time a daily shee
is updated and saved...NOT all the information from the daily shee
needs to be entered into the weekly sheet...Just some data based o
certain conditions..

I beleive this is possible using Macros....I have explained the proble
but i don't know how to proceed ...I beleive some one will help me wit
this...

Presently This is what I do:

I open one of the daily sheets...Enter the required data into the newl
created (if doesn't already exist) weekly excel sheet(a new exce
file...)
So this involves two diffrent excel sheets(files) and i beleiv
recording this as a macro is not possible...

I don't know the exact macro programming but i am good at VB so
beleive I can learn fast...

This is the idea I have..

Whenever a daily sheet is updated and saved...Update the weekl
sheet(file)(Programatically)

This will involve the following

Whenever a daily sheet is saved
open the weekly update sheet using macros..
Then copy the required cells from the daily sheet to the weekl
sheet..And save the weekly sheet..

I beleive this can be achived using macros...

This is the theory I have in mind...I have no idea how sound it is..
beleive I can use your expertise..

Than

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

amitkr

I have a program that is basically the same as you are requesting.
If yo send me your E-mail address I'll send it to you so you can loo
it over.

Charles

--
Message posted from
http://www.ExcelForum.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanx a lot...

Check ur email or pm for my mail address...

Thanx once agai