Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JD JD is offline

Default Saving Procdb.xla on exit from Excel

Greetings,
I'm doing some development on an Excel 2002 workbook.
the purpose of the workbook is to analyze some data and
create graphs. I am using the Analysis toolpak addins
for both Excel and VBA.
The code runs correctly and I have no problems there. I
can close the workbook without closing the application
with no trouble, but when I close the application, I get
the following message: "Do you want to save changes to
Procdb.xla". I have no clue where to start on
determining why this .xla file has been modified. I
cannot see this module when I go to the VB editor.

Anyone have any experience with this situation?

thanks

p.s. I've posted this question in the Office developer
forum as well, but hey, I'm just looking for some help.
thx
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It's okay for an add-in to modify itself but it should never prompt to save
changes. The fact that it does suggests to me that it is not really an
add-in. Is it possible the "IsAddin" property have been changed to False?
You might try uninstalling the Analysis Toolpak and then reinstalling it;
the idea being to get the current XLA deleted and a new original installed.
If you try this make sure the Analysis folder under Office\Library is empty
after the uninstall.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"JD" wrote in message
| Greetings,
| I'm doing some development on an Excel 2002 workbook.
| the purpose of the workbook is to analyze some data and
| create graphs. I am using the Analysis toolpak addins
| for both Excel and VBA.
| The code runs correctly and I have no problems there. I
| can close the workbook without closing the application
| with no trouble, but when I close the application, I get
| the following message: "Do you want to save changes to
| Procdb.xla". I have no clue where to start on
| determining why this .xla file has been modified. I
| cannot see this module when I go to the VB editor.
|
| Anyone have any experience with this situation?
|
| thanks
|

| p.s. I've posted this question in the Office developer
| forum as well, but hey, I'm just looking for some help.
| thx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Jim,
thanks for the reply. The file must be part of the
analysis toolpak. It resides in the 'Analysis' folder of
the office\library directory. It is password protected,
and I'm not enough of a hacker to even try to guess what
password Microsoft uses for that .xla file. I tried to
look at the properties, but couldn't. I did the
uninstall of the entire Office suite. This definately
removed the addins from the library folder, but made no
difference when I re-ran my code.

any other ideas?

It's okay for an add-in to modify itself but it should

never prompt to save
changes. The fact that it does suggests to me that it

is not really an
add-in. Is it possible the "IsAddin" property have been

changed to False?
You might try uninstalling the Analysis Toolpak and then

reinstalling it;
the idea being to get the current XLA deleted and a new

original installed.
If you try this make sure the Analysis folder under

Office\Library is empty
after the uninstall.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I can't think of anything else. The truth is, if I wanted to get the
warning you're seeing I wouldn't know how!

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP