Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
HEY HEY is offline

Default cut and paste

Last week you gave me the following which works but still isnt a cut and paste. Is it possible to do

Range("A1").value
application.VLookUP(Range("A2").value,Range("M1:P5 "),2,0

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
HEY HEY is offline

What is the difference

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

you can cut it from the email and paste it to a module without any
additional typing.

Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.

Tom Ogilvy

"hey" wrote in message
What is the difference?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
HEY HEY is offline

What you have doesnt do anything different then what I started with. I need it to do a cut and paste after the lookup so all formats are carried with. Dont ask why, it is a long explaination. Can it be done

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Vlookup doesn't identify the source location of the data, so it can't be
done using vlookup - at least that would not be the appropriate way to do
it. You can use Match to return the offset into a range of values, then use
that to perform further manipulation, such as a copy and paste, then a clear
of the row. When you say cut - are you expecting the row with the
information to be deleted?

But you have another thread going on the same topic, so there is no sense in
continuing with this one.

Tom Ogilvy

"hey" wrote in message
What you have doesnt do anything different then what I started with. I

need it to do a cut and paste after the lookup so all formats are carried
with. Dont ask why, it is a long explaination. Can it be done?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
HEY HEY is offline

yes the cell would be deleted