Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Multiple Condition syntax needed

Ok, I'm making a spreadsheet which does simple stuff.

One of the boxes displays a word based on other conditions.
Here is the formula so far:

=IF(AND(D5=\"B\",F5E5),\"PROFIT\",\"LOSS\")

Which says If Cell D5 has the letter "B" in it AND the number in cell
F5 is greater than E5, then print "Profit", otherwise print Loss.

In the same box, I'd like to make another statement which says

If cell D5 = the letter "S" and F5 is less than E5, then Print
"Profit", otherwise print "Loss".

So the 1st statement will be connected to the 2nd statement with an OR
operator or something like that.
Therefore only one of these conditions is true.

Any idea how I can code it?

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
try
=IF(OR(AND(D5="B",F5E5),AND(D5="S",F5<E5)),"PROFI T","LOSS")

not sure about your charatcer '\' in your current formula?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Ok, I'm making a spreadsheet which does simple stuff.

One of the boxes displays a word based on other conditions.
Here is the formula so far:

=IF(AND(D5=\"B\",F5E5),\"PROFIT\",\"LOSS\")

Which says If Cell D5 has the letter "B" in it AND the number in cell
F5 is greater than E5, then print "Profit", otherwise print Loss.

In the same box, I'd like to make another statement which says

If cell D5 = the letter "S" and F5 is less than E5, then Print
"Profit", otherwise print "Loss".

So the 1st statement will be connected to the 2nd statement with an

OR
operator or something like that.
Therefore only one of these conditions is true.

Any idea how I can code it?

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That's great. Works fine. Just to take it one step further, How do
display Nothing in the formula box if the D5 cell contains anythin
other than "B" or "S"?

At the moment, it will display Loss if anything other than B or S is i
cell D5

Appreciate the hel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Its ok, figured it out from another guy,

=IF(AND(D5<"B",D5<"S"),"",IF(OR(AND(D5="S",F5<E5 ),AND(D5="B",F5E5)),"Profit","Loss"))

Thank