Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Formula Help

Hi

A B C
1 2 5 TRUE 2
2 7 6 False 8
3 3 8 False -3
4 1 4 True 1
5 8 9 False 6

** I want to know what to type in cell 1C then fill down to 5C.** I am looking for a "TRUE" or "FALSE" answer in C column. In the example above, in order for the result to be TRUE, the value in column D1 needs to be =0 and <=50 and also A1 is < B1. I use excel 97. Thank you very much for your help :-
Tina
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

=AND((D1=0),A1<B1)

--
Arvi Laanemets
(When sending e-mail, use address arvil<Attarkon.ee)

"Tina" wrote in message

A B C D
1 2 5 TRUE 25
2 7 6 False 80
3 3 8 False -35
4 1 4 True 12
5 8 9 False 66

** I want to know what to type in cell 1C then fill down to 5C.** I am

looking for a "TRUE" or "FALSE" answer in C column. In the example above,
in order for the result to be TRUE, the value in column D1 needs to be =0
and <=50 and also A1 is < B1. I use excel 97. Thank you very much for your
help :-)
Tina

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tina,
Try this......

=IF(AND(D1=0,D1<=50,A1<B1),TRUE,FALSE)

Cheers
Nigel

"Tina" wrote in message

A B C D
1 2 5 TRUE 25
2 7 6 False 80
3 3 8 False -35
4 1 4 True 12
5 8 9 False 66

** I want to know what to type in cell 1C then fill down to 5C.** I am

looking for a "TRUE" or "FALSE" answer in C column. In the example above,
in order for the result to be TRUE, the value in column D1 needs to be =0
and <=50 and also A1 is < B1. I use excel 97. Thank you very much for your
help :-)
Tina

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

or if you only want the logical result then simplify to .....

=AND(D1=0,D1<=50,A1<B1)

Cheers
Nigel

"Tina" wrote in message

A B C D
1 2 5 TRUE 25
2 7 6 False 80
3 3 8 False -35
4 1 4 True 12
5 8 9 False 66

** I want to know what to type in cell 1C then fill down to 5C.** I am

looking for a "TRUE" or "FALSE" answer in C column. In the example above,
in order for the result to be TRUE, the value in column D1 needs to be =0
and <=50 and also A1 is < B1. I use excel 97. Thank you very much for your
help :-)
Tina

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry, I missed this <=50 part

=AND((AND(D1=0,D1<=50)),A1<B1)

--
Arvi Laanemets
(Don't use my reply address - it's spam-trap)

"Arvi Laanemets" wrote in message
Hi

=AND((D1=0),A1<B1)

--
Arvi Laanemets
(When sending e-mail, use address arvil<Attarkon.ee)

"Tina" wrote in message

A B C D
1 2 5 TRUE 25
2 7 6 False 80