Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA

Hello from Steved
Below runs if I push a macro assigned button.
Question using the below is it possible to type
City and when I use the enter key it will change it to
1-City.
Thankyou.

Sub test1()
Dim x As Long
For x = 1 To Range("a" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row Step 1
Select Case Left(Cells(x, 1).Value, 4)
Case "City "
Cells(x, 1).Value = "1-City"
Case "Rosk"
Cells(x, 1).Value = "2-Rosk"
Case "Papa"
Cells(x, 1).Value = "3-Papa"
End Select
Next x

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Steve,

Here is some worksheet event code

--
HTH

-------

Bob Phillips
"Steved" wrote in message
Hello from Steved
Below runs if I push a macro assigned button.
Question using the below is it possible to type
City and when I use the enter key it will change it to
1-City.
Thankyou.

Sub test1()
Dim x As Long
For x = 1 To Range("a" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row Step 1
Select Case Left(Cells(x, 1).Value, 4)
Case "City "
Cells(x, 1).Value = "1-City"
Case "Rosk"
Cells(x, 1).Value = "2-Rosk"
Case "Papa"
Cells(x, 1).Value = "3-Papa"
End Select
Next x

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Steve,

Here is some worksheet event code

Application.EnableEvents = False
On Error GoTo ws_exit
With Target
Select Case LCase(Left(.Value, 4))
Case "city ": .Value = "1-City"
Case "rosk": .Value = "2-Rosk"
Case "papa": .Value = "3-Papa"
End Select
End With

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

To enter it, right-click the particular sheet tab, select View Code from the
menu, and then copy the code in.

--
HTH

-------