Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Need Macro Modification

This is John Walkenbacks code to make a list of formulas on a worksheet. I would like to modify it as follows:

1. Not show the rows where there is no formula
2. In the case where a formula links to another workbook, make all fonts red (all three columns)
3. Make the €śFormula€ť and €śValue€ť column widths = 45
4. Where columns are not wide enough to display all the text, make row height fit, and wrap.

Could someone modify this code?
Thanks,
Phil

Sub ListFormulas()
'From John Walkenback
'List formulas, cell addresses and values in a newly created worksheet
Dim FormulaCells As Range, Cell As Range
Dim FormulaSheet As Worksheet
Dim Row As Integer

'Create a range object for all formula cells
On Error Resume Next
Set FormulaCells = Range("A1").SpecialCells(xlFormulas, 23)

'Exit if no formulas found
If FormulaCells Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "No Formulas, or the sheet is protected."
Exit Sub
End If

'Add a new worksheet
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Set FormulaSheet = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets.Add
FormulaSheet.Name = "Formulas in " & FormulaCells.Parent.Name

'Set up the column headings
With FormulaSheet
Range("A1") = "Address"
Range("B1") = "Formula"
Range("C1") = "Value"
Range("A1:C1").Font.Bold = True
End With

'Process each formula
Row = 2
For Each Cell In FormulaCells
Application.StatusBar = Format((Row - 1) / FormulaCells.Count, "0%")
With FormulaSheet
Cells(Row, 1) = Cell.Address(RowAbsolute:=False, ColumnAbsolute:=False)
Cells(Row, 2) = " " & Cell.Formula
Cells(Row, 3) = Cell.Value
Row = Row + 1
End With
Next Cell

'Adjust column widths
FormulaSheet.Columns("A:C").AutoFit
Application.StatusBar = False

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I had a go at this yesterday Phil. Did you not see that, or was there a
problem with what I suggested?

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Phil Hageman" wrote in message
This is John Walkenback's code to make a list of formulas on a worksheet.

I would like to modify it as follows:

1. Not show the rows where there is no formula
2. In the case where a formula links to another workbook, make all

fonts red (all three columns)
3. Make the "Formula" and "Value" column widths = 45
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bob

Sorry about the multiple posts - working on two different computers (work and home) and the search works differently when I look up the thread. I don't see everything, thus multiple postings. ??

Your mod works great - thanks. As to the first issue, eliminating blank lines: I ran this macro on a worksheet and the result was a lis of 523 rows, with all 523 rows showing the cell (or range) address in column A. However, only 88 of the rows showed a formula in column B and its corresponding return value in column C. What I would like to do is eliminate the rows where column B and C are blank

Phil