Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Setting Custom Icons at Run-time

Hello Experts,
I have Excel 97 Pro on Win98SE.

If there is a custom toolbar in Excel with some buttons, then is it possible
to set them custom icons programmatically?

I have searched through the Excel Help but all in vain.

Thank you,
--
Syed Zeeshan Haider

http://szh.20m.com
http://gomusharrafgo.20m.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You cannot edit them as you would manually but you can save your image
as pictures in your workbook, perhaps on hidden
sheets, then do copy and pasteface when you create your menus wit
code.

Dunca

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks, Duncan!

I like the idea of saving images on hidden sheets. But what should be the
format of these images *.bmp, *.ico, *.gif or what?
And how would I copy an image from a sheet?

Thank you,
--
Syed Zeeshan Haider

http://szh.20m.com
http://gomusharrafgo.20m.com

"DNF Karran " wrote in message
You cannot edit them as you would manually but you can save your images
as pictures in your workbook, perhaps on hidden
sheets, then do copy and pasteface when you create your menus with
code.

Duncan

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Syed,

It doesn't really matter what file type they are as you will load them into
the Excel sheet (InsertPictureFrom File), and name them. To add them to
the toolbar, use

cbTable.Shapes(shapename).CopyPicture
cbCtl.PasteFace

where cbTable is the codename of the sheet containing the picture, shapename
is the name of the shape, such as 'Picture 30', and cbCtl is an object
variable for the control being added.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"DNF Karran " wrote in message
You cannot edit them as you would manually but you can save your images
as pictures in your workbook, perhaps on hidden
sheets, then do copy and pasteface when you create your menus with
code.

Duncan

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks, Bob!

Now I am starting my project again. I hope I'll succeed.

Thanks again!
--
Syed Zeeshan Haider

http://szh.20m.com
http://gomusharrafgo.20m.com

"DNF Karran " wrote in message
You cannot edit them as you would manually but you can save your

images
as pictures in your workbook, perhaps on hidden
sheets, then do copy and pasteface when you create your menus with
code.

Duncan

---

Custom Toolbar Icons PJ Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 September 10th 07 03:52 PM
Custom toolbar button icons leaftye - ExcelForums.com Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 July 7th 05 06:09 PM
custom icons Dan Excel Programming 0 November 13th 03 10:33 PM
Setting Excel toolbar or menu icon in C# WITHOUT using builtin icons Aaron Queenan Excel Programming 3 October 30th 03 03:55 PM
How to Save Custom Icons? Luis Carrion Excel Programming 2 August 23rd 03 05:29 AM