-   -   vfp - excel programming (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/298943-vfp-excel-programming.html)

No Name

vfp - excel programming

Hi,

I try to crate excel validation method in VFP but I can't
do it. Anyone who can convert the following VB syntax to
VFP syntax

With Range("e5").validation
.Add Type:=xlValidateWholeNumber,
AlterStyle:=xlValidAlertStop,
Operator:=xlBetween,
Formula1:="5",
Formula2:="10"
.InputTitle = "Integers"
.ErrorTitle = "Integers"
.InputMessage = "Enter an integer from five to ten"
.ErrorMessage = "You must enter a number from 1 to 10"
End With

Thank you

Frank Kabel

vfp - excel programming

Hi
what is 'VFP'?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

wrote:
Hi,

I try to crate excel validation method in VFP but I can't
do it. Anyone who can convert the following VB syntax to
VFP syntax

With Range("e5").validation
.Add Type:=xlValidateWholeNumber,
AlterStyle:=xlValidAlertStop,
Operator:=xlBetween,
Formula1:="5",
Formula2:="10"
.InputTitle = "Integers"
.ErrorTitle = "Integers"
.InputMessage = "Enter an integer from five to ten"
.ErrorMessage = "You must enter a number from 1 to 10"
End With

Thank you

Chip Pearson

vfp - excel programming

what is 'VFP'?

Probably Visual FoxPro.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Frank Kabel" wrote in message
Hi
what is 'VFP'?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

wrote:
Hi,

I try to crate excel validation method in VFP but I can't
do it. Anyone who can convert the following VB syntax to
VFP syntax

With Range("e5").validation
.Add Type:=xlValidateWholeNumber,
AlterStyle:=xlValidAlertStop,
Operator:=xlBetween,
Formula1:="5",
Formula2:="10"
.InputTitle = "Integers"
.ErrorTitle = "Integers"
.InputMessage = "Enter an integer from five to ten"
.ErrorMessage = "You must enter a number from 1 to 10"
End With

Thank you

Frank Kabel

vfp - excel programming

aaaah
thanks Chip :-)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Chip Pearson wrote:
what is 'VFP'?

Probably Visual FoxPro.

wrote:
Hi,

I try to crate excel validation method in VFP but I can't
do it. Anyone who can convert the following VB syntax to
VFP syntax

With Range("e5").validation
.Add Type:=xlValidateWholeNumber,
AlterStyle:=xlValidAlertStop,
Operator:=xlBetween,
Formula1:="5",
Formula2:="10"
.InputTitle = "Integers"
.ErrorTitle = "Integers"
.InputMessage = "Enter an integer from five to ten"
.ErrorMessage = "You must enter a number from 1 to 10"
End With

Thank you

Bob Phillips[_6_]

vfp - excel programming

Visual FoxPro.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

wrote:
Hi,

I try to crate excel validation method in VFP but I can't
do it. Anyone who can convert the following VB syntax to
VFP syntax

With Range("e5").validation
.Add Type:=xlValidateWholeNumber,
AlterStyle:=xlValidAlertStop,
Operator:=xlBetween,
Formula1:="5",
Formula2:="10"
.InputTitle = "Integers"
.ErrorTitle = "Integers"
.InputMessage = "Enter an integer from five to ten"
.ErrorMessage = "You must enter a number from 1 to 10"
End With

Thank you

Cindy Winegarden[_2_]

vfp - excel programming

In news: ,

wrote:
I try to crate excel validation method in VFP but I can't
do it. Anyone who can convert the following VB syntax to
VFP syntax

oExcel = CREATEOBJECT("Excel.Application")
oExcel.Visible = .T. && For testing
oBook = oExcel.Workbooks.Add()
With oExcel.Range("E5").Validation
.Add(1, 1, 1, 5, 10)
*-- Look up constants in Excel Object Browser or VFP Object Browser
.InputTitle = "Integers"
.ErrorTitle = "Integers"
.InputMessage = "Enter an integer from five to ten"
.ErrorMessage = "You must enter a number from 1 to 10"
EndWith
You'll find more information about Office Automation from "Microsoft Office
Automation with Visual FoxPro"
(
http://www.hentzenwerke.com/catalogp...s/autofox.htm). Also, the VFP7
and VFP8 Intellilsense helps a lot.

www.cindywinegarden.com

No Name

vfp - excel programming

Thank you a lot Cindy!

(http://www.hentzenwerke.com/catalogp...ts/autofox.htm
). Also, the VFP7
and VFP8 Intellilsense helps a lot.

www.cindywinegarden.com

.

Cindy Winegarden[_2_]

vfp - excel programming

In news: ,

wrote:
...... VFP8 Intellilsense helps a lot.

Let me add that what I usually do when I'm trying to figure something like
this out is to instantiate oExcel in the VFP Command window and try the
commands one-by-one until I get them right. Then I copy the ones that work
to my PRG file.

www.cindywinegarden.com