Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Too tricky?

soz guys,

i tried both solutions but couldnt get them to work (and
yes, i did spell format right).

Bob, the macro ran but; 1. it just copied the last number
and 2. it didnt paste it. but thats not what i wanted
anyway :S

Frank, I couldnt get urs to run. it had trouble with:

..cells(lastrow,"A").value = .cells(lastrow-1,"A").value+1

I'm no expert so i cant really tinker with them to make
them work.

I guess it will be something like:

Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("A632:A633"),
Type:=xlFillDefault

but i need it not to be relative to specific cells.
Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
please stay in the original thread :-)
What problem did you have with my statement?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

ADRAIN wrote:
soz guys,

i tried both solutions but couldnt get them to work (and
yes, i did spell format right).

Bob, the macro ran but; 1. it just copied the last number
and 2. it didnt paste it. but thats not what i wanted
anyway :S

Frank, I couldnt get urs to run. it had trouble with:

.cells(lastrow,"A").value = .cells(lastrow-1,"A").value+1

I'm no expert so i cant really tinker with them to make
them work.

I guess it will be something like:

Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("A632:A633"),
Type:=xlFillDefault

but i need it not to be relative to specific cells.
Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

It says 'Run time error '13'. type mismatch'

then highlights:
.Cells(lastrow, "A").Value = .Cells(lastrow -
1, "A").Value + 1

i have tried it with and without 'sub foo()' and 'End if'
but i'm not really good enough to know what i'm doing

.