Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Installing a CAB file

Hello Experts,
I have a CAB file which I downloaded from a forgotten web site. What I
remember is that this CAB file is for Excel 97 Pro. This CAB contains two
files; a *.inf file and a *.ocx file.
Now the question is how to install this CAB file?
Can anyone help in this regard?

Thank you,
--
Syed Zeeshan Haider

http://szh.20m.com
http://gomusharrafgo.20m.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Right mouse click on the *.inf and Install. Both the INF and OCX has to be in the same folder
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Already tried it but all in vain.
Is there any other way?

"RK" wrote in message
Right mouse click on the *.inf and Install. Both the INF and OCX has to

be in the same folder

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Extracting the Contents of a CAB File
In order to extract what is in a cabinet file, you must use the Extract
utility. Extract.Exe can be found in your Windows folder or on your Windows
95, Windows 98, Windows NT, or Windows 2000 installation CD-ROM.

Extract.Exe is a command-line utility; therefore it is used from an MS-DOS
command prompt. To extract the files within a cabinet file, be sure the
Extract.Exe utility is in the MS-DOS Path or copy the Extract utility to the
same folder as the cabinet file.

From the MS-DOS command prompt, you can run the following command to extract
all of the files in a CAB file into the current directory:
Extract ActiveX.CAB *.*

where "ActiveX.CAB" is the name of your cabinet file.

For more information on using the Extract.Exe utility, you may type the
following command at an MS-DOS command prompt:
Extract /?

Tom Ogilvy

"RK" wrote in message
Right mouse click on the *.inf and Install. Both the INF and OCX has to

be in the same folder

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Syed

have a look here