Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Need help - how to shade an offset cell....(simple?)

I am putting a value into an offset cell. Then, based on
that value, I want to colour the cell red, green, or
yellow. Is there an easier way to do this, maybe by
calling another subroutine? I would want to do this for
several offset cells....this is what I have now:

ActiveCell.Offset(0, 60).Value = cprodrate
If cprodrate 0.9 Then
With ActiveCell.Offset(0, 60).Interior
.ColorIndex = 4
.Pattern = xlSolid
End With
ElseIf cprodrate 0.75 Then
With ActiveCell.Offset(0, 60).Interior
.ColorIndex = 6
.Pattern = xlSolid
End With
ElseIf cprodrate 0.01 Then
With ActiveCell.Offset(0, 60).Interior
.ColorIndex = 3
.Pattern = xlSolid
End With
End If

I want to repeat the above for the following:

ActiveCell.Offset(0, 58).Value = aprodrate
'color cell depending on value
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 59).Value = bprodrate
'color cell depending on value

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could try a subroutine like the following (untested, but should work):

Sub SetACell(N as integer, V as double)
dim C as integer
C = xlNone
if V 0.9 then C = 4