Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default tuntime-error 1004 when trying to rescale a chart

when trying to rescale a chart by means of

With ActiveChart.Axes(xlCategory)
.minimumScale=-.05
.maximumScale=1.95
End With

I always get a runtime error 1004 in line .minimumScale=-
..05
"Die MinimumScale-Eigenschaft des Axis-Objektes kann nicht
festgelegt werden" (I'm german and EXCEL speaks german
with me)

I've got the code by using the macro recorder.

I've also tried .minimumScaleIsAuto=True but I doesn't
work either.

I would be glad if anybody can give me a hint.

Many thanks in advance
Rainer

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

try it with

ActiveChart.Axes(xlValue)

I don't program charts much, but that seems to work here.

.