Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Message for Frank K

Sorry Frank I wasnt sure if you would have checked back on
this one with the thread getting to long

**

Your suggestion would work but sometimes the data is as
follows. as you can see sometimes the person has got
three types of IDs and they are relational to the value
next to them (always the cell to the right) of the ID.
How can I get round this?

A B C D E F G
1 name1 555 25 666 50 777 25
2 name2 666 50 555 50 - -
3 name2 555 70 - - - -

Name 1 has a total of 100 (C+E+G) and 555 and 666 IDs are
type A. 777 is type B then for name a type A % = 75% and
type B % = 25%.

Name 2 has a total of 100 also but as both IDs are type
A ......

I hope that explains it better

Thanks again

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
is it possible for you to change the layout of your data. That is only
one ID and one value per line?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Rich B wrote:
Sorry Frank I wasnt sure if you would have checked back on
this one with the thread getting to long

**

Your suggestion would work but sometimes the data is as
follows. as you can see sometimes the person has got
three types of IDs and they are relational to the value
next to them (always the cell to the right) of the ID.
How can I get round this?

A B C D E F G
1 name1 555 25 666 50 777 25
2 name2 666 50 555 50 - -
3 name2 555 70 - - - -

Name 1 has a total of 100 (C+E+G) and 555 and 666 IDs are
type A. 777 is type B then for name a type A % = 75% and
type B % = 25%.

Name 2 has a total of 100 also but as both IDs are type
A ......

I hope that explains it better

Thanks again

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No The only way I can do it is possible tell the DB to O/P
to the cell in the format of 555,50 or 555_50 then it may
be possible to use mid or something incorporated in the
formula to have the two values contained the one cell?
The ids are always three long but the values can vary.

Rich B wrote:
[...]

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
you could use the procedure with a helper column for all ranges and
simply add multiple SUMPRODUCT / SUMIF statements

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Rich B wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Frank I will have a go it isnt going to be real
easy but I need it to work so check back sometime I will
let you know how it goes!

Many thanks for all your help. I will get there in the
end.

Rich B wrote:
Sorry Frank I wasnt sure if you would have checked

back on
this one with the thread getting to long

**

Your suggestion would work but sometimes the data is

as
follows. as you can see sometimes the person has got
three types of IDs and they are relational to the

value
next to them (always the cell to the right) of the ID.
How can I get round this?

A B C D E

F G
1 name1 555 25 666 50 777