Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default MS Excel 2000 Formula

Sir,

Can you help me in an excel formula, which will convert a
numeric cell value with its text formation.

e.g. 2134 gets change in another cell by Two Thousand One
Hundred And Thirty Four Only.

If you help in this regard, this will help me allot.

Thanks for your valuable time.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
there're some macros/procedures to convert numbers to text. e.g.
MS Knowledge Base:
http://support.microsoft.com/default...B;EN-US;213360
http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;140704&

Free Addin MOREFUNC-DLL which includes a UDF for this task (for various
languages):
http://longre.free.fr/english/

or have a look at
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/...s/num2wrds.zip
It's in the "Accountants" section on page:
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm
It contains two methods

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Subhashis Bhowmick" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Sir,

Can you help me in an excel formula, which will convert a
numeric cell value with its text formation.

e.g. 2134 gets change in another cell by Two Thousand One
Hundred And Thirty Four Only.

If you help in this regard, this will help me allot.

Thanks for your valuable time.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Subhashis,

There is no Excel function that will do this. You can either build your own
this article gives a steer,

OR download Laurent Longre's MOREFUNC.XLL :

http://longre.free.fr/english/index.html

This utility has lots of functions including a Numbers to Words Function
(multi-lingual).

--

HTH

Bob Phillips