Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Chart Values that change based on Change event

I have a pie chart. I have an active X drop down box which choose
between values "1-5". The chosen number is exported to a Data Sheet.
Within that data sheet, I have various data series that I want t
chart. I want to be able to write a VBA macro that copy and pastes th
desired data series based on the number that gets exported from th
Active X drop down list. I am assuming that I have to do this within
"change event" in the data sheet itself. So when "1" gets exporte
from the data list, the macro will copy and paste the series associate
with "1" into an active range for the chart. Note that the ranges var
for the different series. I will paste them into an active range whic
has a dynamic name which feeds up to the chart to ensure prope
charting.

Does anyone know how to write this macro? Can a "change event" b
triggered by a cell which has a value exported from an active X dro
down box? Or does the change have to be a result of a formula.

Thank

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You don't need a macro. Here's how to use dynamic ranges in conjunction
with controls. In the worksheet, you may find Forms Commandbar controls
better than Controls Toolbox (ActiveX) controls.

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartByControl.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

ExcelMonkey < wrote:

I have a pie chart. I have an active X drop down box which chooses
between values "1-5". The chosen number is exported to a Data Sheet.
Within that data sheet, I have various data series that I want to
chart. I want to be able to write a VBA macro that copy and pastes the
desired data series based on the number that gets exported from the
Active X drop down list. I am assuming that I have to do this within a
"change event" in the data sheet itself. So when "1" gets exported
from the data list, the macro will copy and paste the series associated
with "1" into an active range for the chart. Note that the ranges vary
for the different series. I will paste them into an active range which
has a dynamic name which feeds up to the chart to ensure proper
charting.

Does anyone know how to write this macro? Can a "change event" be
triggered by a cell which has a value exported from an active X drop
down box? Or does the change have to be a result of a formula.

Thanks

---