Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Disabling the Tools Menu

I have a question regarding diabling the tools menus. I want to know is
there a way i can diable a use from clickon on tools and the menu won't show
up or if you can gray out certain or all the buttons? Any help is greatly
appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hide the menu

Application.Commandbars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Controls("Tools").Visible
= False

to disable a particular sub-menu

Application.Commandbars("Worksheet Menu
Bar").Controls("Tools").Controls("Add-Ins...").enabled=false

-

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Rich Cooper" wrote in message
I have a question regarding diabling the tools menus. I want to know is
there a way i can diable a use from clickon on tools and the menu won't

show
up or if you can gray out certain or all the buttons? Any help is greatly
appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Or this

In Dutch Tools is Extra for example and Bob's code will not work

Sub a()
'disable Tools menu
Application.CommandBars(1).FindControl(, 30007).Enabled = False
End Sub

Sub b()
Application.CommandBars(1).FindControl(, 30007).Enabled = True

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl