Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Filing system

Application.OperatingSystem tells me the operaing system. How do I find out about the filing system in use? I am sure there is an API call. I need to know: any operating system may have accesss to several devices each with their own filing system e.g. CD R/W, USB drive, Zip disks etc. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You may get what you want using the Microsoft Scripting Runtime Library.

Sub test()
Dim fso As Object, drv As Object, str As String

For Each drv In fso.Drives
str = drv.DriveLetter
If drv.IsReady Then str = str & " " & drv.FileSystem
Debug.Print str
Next

"AA2e72E" wrote in message
Application.OperatingSystem tells me the operaing system. How do I find

out about the filing system in use? I am sure there is an API call. I need
to know: any operating system may have accesss to several devices each with
their own filing system e.g. CD R/W, USB drive, Zip disks etc. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you.
I was aware of the FSO solution. I particularly wanted the API solution. Since posting the message, I 've found that the API is GetVolumeInformation.