Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can I change ExCels default save path for saving add-ins ?

Can I change Excels file save as path for saving add-ins
When I create an add-in using File Save as, Excel goes to an add-in directory.
I don't want to put my add-ins there, and I don't like to have to re direct the
path.

Thank You.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Randy,

For saving a new add-in, I don't think you can change the initial
directory.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"RandyDtg1" wrote in message
Can I change Excels file save as path for saving add-ins
When I create an add-in using File Save as, Excel goes to an

add-in directory.
I don't want to put my add-ins there, and I don't like to have

to re direct the
path.

Thank You.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In xl2002, you can add a shortcut to that File|SaveAs dialog.

Do File|SaveAs inside excel.
Go to your favorite folder
Tools|Add to My Places

Then you could just click on that icon right after excel "helps" out by going to
the addin folder.

If you're using xl2k: You could use an addin from MS:

It's called Places.exe that allows you to update the places list.

INFO: Office Developer Samples and Tools Available for Download (Q253338)

Scroll about halfway down.

RandyDtg1 wrote:

Can I change Excels file save as path for saving add-ins
When I create an add-in using File Save as, Excel goes to an add-in directory.
I don't want to put my add-ins there, and I don't like to have to re direct the
path.

Thank You.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks, that is a good way around the problem.

I have stayed away from the favorites because I don't understand their
relationship to Internet Explorer, which appears to use the same directory.