Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default saveas addin from VBA

I have a complex addin that I modify frequently. I'd like to be able to
make changes while using it, and then directly save a modified addin.
I've successfully written VBA code that turns the modified addin into a
workbook, and I can save that workbook, reopen it, and then save it as
an addin. But if I try the shortcut of saving the workbook directly to
an addin using Workbook.SaveAs FileName := S FileFormat := xlAddin, the
file saved is always a workbook, not an addin, regardless of whether
filename S includes a .xla extension.

This is in Excel 2001 on a Mac running OS 10.3.3.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dave Ring

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'd like to be able to make changes while using it, and then directly save
a modified addin.

Just save it from the VBE - click the Save toolbutton while the add-in is
the active project. No need to save it as a workbook first.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"Dave Ring" wrote in message
|I have a complex addin that I modify frequently. I'd like to be able to
| make changes while using it, and then directly save a modified addin.
| I've successfully written VBA code that turns the modified addin into a
| workbook, and I can save that workbook, reopen it, and then save it as
| an addin. But if I try the shortcut of saving the workbook directly to
| an addin using Workbook.SaveAs FileName := S FileFormat := xlAddin, the
| file saved is always a workbook, not an addin, regardless of whether
| filename S includes a .xla extension.
|
| This is in Excel 2001 on a Mac running OS 10.3.3.
|
| Any ideas?
|
| Thanks,
|
| Dave Ring

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Dave,

ThisWorkbook.IsAddin = True (before ThisWorkbook.SaveAs)
does the job ...

You can read more at:

http://tinyurl.com/4yl33

It's an another approach, I haven't tried it, seems to be used for th
older versions of Office.

Good Luck,
Kiril

Using SaveAs SarahN Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 May 14th 10 04:26 AM
Saveas Dale Levesque Excel Programming 6 May 5th 04 04:06 PM
More help with SaveAs Glen Mettler[_2_] Excel Programming 2 February 14th 04 02:50 AM
Help with SaveAs Glen Mettler[_2_] Excel Programming 1 February 14th 04 02:48 AM
Remove Excel AddIn from AddIn List !! Help carl Excel Programming 2 December 8th 03 03:36 PM