Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Assigning a macro to a worksheet (vs personal.xls)

Is there a way to assign a worksheet to a button _within_
an Excel spreadsheet?

The reason I ask is because I know how to deal with those
types of macros. I carry around on a floppy all my
toolbars and templates and the personal.xls file and know
where to "install" these in the contracts I go to.

I'd like to create a db type of spreadsheet for the
contract I'm in now (they don't want me to 'waste' time on
creating a db in Access. Since the data being tracked is
simple enough for this job IF I could "automate" it with 2
macros (so that it would simulate a very simple db
solution), this is do-able if I can assign a macro somehow
to the spreadsheet itself so that whoever accesses the
file can use it. That would not be the case if the macro
were to be saved externally from the file itself.

I've seen complexe games done in Excel so I know it's
pretty powerful. Just hoping it's powerful in this way!
<g

Thanks!