Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default put large amount of text into merged cell

John

You could be running into either or both of two problems.

Merge as many cells as you want, you still have only one cell.

1. A cell will hold 32,767 characters, but will display or print only 1024
characters. More with a few ALT + ENTER's thrown in.

2. Merged cells can be text-wrapped but they will not "Autofit".

Manually increase the column width and row height to overcome the second
problem.

The first can be mitigated somewhat by using smaller font and ALT + ENTER
every few hundred characters.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 11 May 2004 12:21:06 -0700, "John"
wrote:

In VBA, I tried to merged 4 cells (C3:D4), then set word wrap up. After that I input large size text into this merged cell (C3). But the cell size was not automatically increased (either way) to fully display the text. Any suggestion, Appreciate !