Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel as database

I am having trouble with this task. I need to go through a list o
products find all of the different item names, count each of thes
items as many times they appear on the list and display these values i
another cell. This must be completely automated, except entering th
list. Any help you guys could give me will be greatly appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You may try a Pivot Table. In addition to Excel Help, there are some good
instructions he

HTH
Anders Silven

"capgunkidd " skrev i meddelandet
I am having trouble with this task. I need to go through a list of
products find all of the different item names, count each of these
items as many times they appear on the list and display these values in
another cell. This must be completely automated, except entering the
list. Any help you guys could give me will be greatly appreciated.

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Assuming the list of products is in column A:
On main menu: Data--Filter--Advanced Filter
Select: Copy to another location
In List Range enter: A:A
In Copy to enter: G:G (or some other blank column)
Select Unique records only
Click OK
In H1 enter the forumula: =COUNTA(A:A,G1)
Copy the formula down coumn H to the last row in G.

Turn on the Macro Recorder and do these steps again to get you started
on your macro.

capgunkidd < wrote:

I am having trouble with this task. I need to go through a list of
products find all of the different item names, count each of these
items as many times they appear on the list and display these values in
another cell. This must be completely automated, except entering the
list. Any help you guys could give me will be greatly appreciated.

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

thanks a lot everyone. i got it working