Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Check Box Values

I have a check box on my worksheet that I have linked to a
cell. Depending on it's state it displays either TRUE or
FALSE. Is there anyway to have it display a 0 or 1?
Thanks for the help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could link the checkbox to another cell (hidden or well out of th
line of sight) and then put this formula in the cell where you want i
to be 0 or 1.

= --A1000

(thats equals, minus, minus, your linked cell).

The double negation converts a logical (true/false) to a number (0/1).
If you are doing this to be able to use the cell in a calculation, jus
leave it as true/false and put the double negation in your formula.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you very much! I put it in the formula and it works
great! Thanks again!

You could link the checkbox to another cell (hidden or

well out of the
line of sight) and then put this formula in the cell

where you want it
to be 0 or 1.

= --A1000

(thats equals, minus, minus, your linked cell).

The double negation converts a logical (true/false) to a

number (0/1).
If you are doing this to be able to use the cell in a

calculation, just
leave it as true/false and put the double negation in

your formula.

---

.