Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bo_ Bo_ is offline

Default EXCEL VBA and HTML

From a VBA-program (EXCEL) I would like to create HTML-pages based o
worksheets generated by the same VBA-application.

It is possible to save xls-files with 'save as html'. However, th
layout of those generated HTML-pages is not sufficient.

My question : is it possible, within a VBA-procedure, to manipulat
HTML in one way or another : add HTML-tags, change tags, ...
Is it possible to create and program HTML-pages from a VBA-application

SaveAsHTML is definitely not enough

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

<insert real name here
Perhaps a little more information why Save As HTML
is not sufficient. If you want to do your own conversion
cell by cell see http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/xl2html.htm

It does not have all the bells and whistles to make the HTML
look exactly like the spreadsheet. In fact it will not convert
HTML tags like < to &lt; nor to &gt; so that it will look the same.

The advantage is that I can use Excel to generate HTML tables
taking care of the <TR <TD but leaving the content
alone for more complete control in Excel. It will accept object
type hyperlinks but generally if you want a hyperlink you would
code it as HTML in the cell.

HTH,

"Bo_ " wrote ...
From a VBA-program (EXCEL) I would like to create HTML-pages based on
worksheets generated by the same VBA-application.

It is possible to save xls-files with 'save as html'. However, the
layout of those generated HTML-pages is not sufficient.

My question : is it possible, within a VBA-procedure, to manipulate