Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Inserting a worksheet based on a template

Hi jstrater

Try something like this

Sub test()
Dim MyPath As String
Dim SaveDriveDir As String
Dim FileToOpen As Variant
SaveDriveDir = CurDir

MyPath = Application.TemplatesPath
ChDrive MyPath
ChDir MyPath
FileToOpen = Application.GetOpenFilename("Excel Templates (*.xlt),*.xlt")
If FileToOpen < False Then
Sheets.Add Type:=FileToOpen
End If

ChDrive SaveDriveDir
ChDir SaveDriveDir

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"jstrater" wrote in message ...
I do this all the time by right clicking on a sheet tab and selecting a template in the Insert Sheet dialog. But I don't see a

way to do this from code. The Sheets and Worksheets.Add method doesn't have a place to specify a template file name, and I don't
see any other methods for doing this. Is this just a glaring omission, or am I missing something? I'm using Excel XP (and
sometimes Excel 97)

---
James

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Of course this will also work

Sheets.Add Type:=Application.TemplatesPath & "\xxxxx.xlt"

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"jstrater" wrote in message ...
I do this all the time by right clicking on a sheet tab and selecting a template in the Insert Sheet dialog. But I don't see a

way to do this from code. The Sheets and Worksheets.Add method doesn't have a place to specify a template file name, and I don't
see any other methods for doing this. Is this just a glaring omission, or am I missing something? I'm using Excel XP (and
sometimes Excel 97)

---
James

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ron,

You seem to be omnipresent here in the world of Excel programming. So the Type parameter is more maleable than the documentation mentions. That's great. Thanks.

James