Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help creating a check box on a form.

I need a little help please.

I am creating a work order and thought it would be nice to be able t
write up the order online. In order to do this, I need to be able t
check if a certain item is to be installed. I thought the check bo
feature would work nicely.

There would be 12 check boxes on the form. I know how to insert th
checkbox; I just don't know how to write the code. The sheet will b
password protected, and I need to be able to select which items are t
be installed.

If you are reading this post, and know how to do this, I woul
appreciate your assistance.

Thanks

artemisia
:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

art,

try something like this. you will need to modify to your needs.

Sub test_checkbox()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Worksheets("sheet1").Activate
If ActiveSheet.[Check Box 4].Value = 1 Then
MsgBox "hi"

HTH

Charle

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No that did not work for me.

Do you know of a web site that gives examples or has templates fo
Excel?

If I post the worksheet online or send it to you could you fix it fo
me. LO

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

art

send your spreedsheet to me at

Charle

--
Message posted from
http://www.ExcelForum.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hey Charles,
I was able to get the check box to work now; however, I have anothe
questions for you.

Is it possible to do something so that 3 pages of the workbook print s
you don't have to go into File | Print | every time you need to prin
the work order?

Is it possible to put a button on the first page that when you click i
it will automatically print 3 pages?

Thanks again.

artemisi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Art,
Create a worksheet button on the worksheet and asign a macro to it.
The macro below is a simple form, but it should work. It will print th
first 3 worksheets.
You can change the sheet1 to the name of your worksheet.

Sub test_print()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Worksheets("Sheet1").PrintOut COPIES:=1
Worksheets("Sheet2").PrintOut COPIES:=1
Worksheets("Sheet3").PrintOut COPIES:=1

End Sub

HTH

Charle

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Charles:

Thanks and sorry for getting back to you so late. I went to Epcot ove
the weekend. Anyway, I did what you suggested.
I created a button and then put the code between these two lines

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

Sub test_print()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Worksheets("Sheet1").PrintOut COPIES:=1
Worksheets("Sheet2").PrintOut COPIES:=1
Worksheets("Sheet3").PrintOut COPIES:=1

End Sub

Like this.

YUCK... it didn't work.

The debug said there was an expected sub error.

Have any other suggestions.

Thank

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Art,
Sorry it was yuck, reason is I some how put a sub with in a comman
buton any way sorry. try this. this should work as long as there i
info on the sheets to be printed.

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Worksheets("Sheet1").PrintOut COPIES:=1