Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default disappearing menu

does anyone have any idea why a menu I created in a workbook at home
disappears when i install it on the network at work?

tia

Terry
==
Terry Freedman
www.ictineducation.org
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Terry,

I had this problem!, and it worked out to be fairly simple!!!

right click on the menu bar area at the top of your screen choos
customise, then choose attatch and then copy over the name of you
toolbar/menubar in to the attatch side of the box......next time yo
transport the workbook anywhere it will have the menubar available.

HTH

Simo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Mon, 10 May 2004 14:17:08 -0500, Simon Lloyd
wrote:

Terry,

I had this problem!, and it worked out to be fairly simple!!!

right click on the menu bar area at the top of your screen choose
customise, then choose attatch and then copy over the name of your
toolbar/menubar in to the attatch side of the box......next time you
transport the workbook anywhere it will have the menubar available.

thanks, Simon -- this is pretty handy: I've never seen it before! the
only trouble is that my menu doesn't actually show up in the oleft
hand pane :-(
==
Terry Freedman
www.ictineducation.org
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Terry

If you have customized an existing menu like the Worksheet Menu Bar, the
changes are stored in an *.XLB file.

You could transport/copy that file to the other users. NOT a good idea since
it would overwrite their own menu customizations.

The "attached" that Simon is referring to is for Custom Toolbars only.

If you have made changes as above, re-name the Toolbar and "attach" it.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

wrote:

Terry,

I had this problem!, and it worked out to be fairly simple!!!

right click on the menu bar area at the top of your screen choose
customise, then choose attatch and then copy over the name of your
toolbar/menubar in to the attatch side of the box......next time you
transport the workbook anywhere it will have the menubar available.

thanks, Simon -- this is pretty handy: I've never seen it before! the
only trouble is that my menu doesn't actually show up in the oleft
hand pane :-(
==
Terry Freedman
www.ictineducation.org

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks, Gord

I was getting confused because I created a new menu rtaher than a new
toolbar!