-   -   Excel always starts in Editing mode; i.e. buttons can be edited etc. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/297760-excel-always-starts-editing-mode%3B-i-e-buttons-can-edited-etc.html)

Jan[_10_]

Excel always starts in Editing mode; i.e. buttons can be edited etc.

Hi,

I have an Excel sheet with lots of VBA in the back and several buttons
on the sheet. If I open this sheet on my own pc it opens in 'run' mode
which means I can click the buttons and everything runs.

When I open it on some other machine it always opens in 'edit' mode
which means I can not click the buttons but only change size etc.
I know I can go to 'run' mode using the control toolbox. But how can I
configure Excel on that machine that it always opens in 'run' mode
automatically??! Thanx!!!

Marnus

Excel always starts in Editing mode; i.e. buttons can be edited etc.

Hi

Check the security level on Excel. If you go to tools, macro, security. The security level must be medium

Thank
Marnus