Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Releasin Excel From Memory

I have had a similar problem to most people in releasing XL fom memory

I have now revisited all my xl objects (most of which are publically declared) and set up tidy up routines whic
Marshall.ReleaseComObject on closing forms
I have also set option strict to On and sorted all problems there
But i am still having problems with Excel remaining in memory
This is due to in part to the fact that I am still debugging the application and my tidyup routines are not being called, but is probably something more problematic
So 2 questions
1. How can I get my tidyup routines to run when the I interrupt the application and close it from the debugger
2. How can I determine which Excel object is causing the problem, so that I can get to the root of the problem
3. There must be someting else other than setting objects to nothing and using Marshall.ReleaseComObject, which I need to do
Yours hopefully
Pet