Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Tool Tips on Excel Cells

I am developing an application automating excel from vb.net

Rather than use vb win forms with complex calculations, which will be difficult to maintain, I am presenting the user with an Excel spready as his input form. This spready does a lot of work behind the scenes for the user and is working very well

However it would be good if the user could hover the mouse over a cell and a tooltip appear (as if it were a win form) to assist his thoughts with the input

Obviously I could set xl comments on all input forms but this would not be as slick as a tooltip type presentation
Has anybody been here

Yous hopefull
Pete
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi PeteSmith,

Obviously I could set xl comments on all input forms but this would not be as slick as a tooltip type presentation.
Has anybody been here?

Data, Validation comes close if you take the time to fill in the boxes on the dialog's other tabs. Also convenient to
check the entries.

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP