Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Another question about exporting charts

Hi All,

Andy helped me once with another related question:
I have a new question:

Situation:
An existing Macro4 program.
I want to make a picture of a chart which is positioned on a chart sheet
(NOT a worksheet).
Scaling is done via the program (set to A5 paper size). and the arguments
are given by the Macro 4 program to a VBA function (works perfect).

This is the working VBA code

Sub ExportGraph(TargetFile As String, Filtr As String)
On Error Resume Next
ActiveChart.Export Filename:=TargetFile, Filtername:=Filtr
End Sub

QUESTION:
I want to get rid of this white border around the graph (4 points or
something)
Can somebody tell me how I have to extend the above code for removal of this
border?

I saw something like this in a previous example but I don't know how I can
get it to work:

With .Chart.Shapes(1)
.Placement = xlMove
.Left = -4
.Top = -4
sngWidth = .Width
sngHeight = .Height
End With

Many thanks in advance.

Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi All,

In order to prevent confusion. The reference to the Macro4 program is not
related to the question in itself.
I'm just looking to the completion of the VBA code to get rid of this
border, export the picture and resore this border.
The difference what the standard is that is on a graph sheet not on a
worksheet, so I assume the chart holder does excist already.
I hope I'm asking in the correct group.
I remembered too late that there is a charting group too, but don't want to
cross post.

With kind regards
TIA

Eric

"Eric Desart" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Eric,

I don't think there is a way of not including the small white border
around a chartsheet.
You would either need to change the location for the purpose of
exporting or perhaps use a chartobject on a chartsheet.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your response.
Now I know I must make choises.
I still have your examples for the charts on worksheet approaches.
Still I (really) hoped this could work (assumed this with background was
some kind of chart holder which could be resized).

Many thanks once more.

Regards
Eric

Eric Desart wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Andy,

I just wanted to thank you here again for your private help.

With lots of respect
Regards

Eric