Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Challenge

Hi all

I am seriously hoping someone can help.

I have created a Userform, which accesses a hidden sheet and dependin
on the selection runs a formula from the sheet and opens a relevan
spreadsheet...

But...........

I have now adapted this to open another set of files, but these ar
.doc and therefore won't open.

I have used the below to open Excel files and works fine. I am hopin
someone can help adapt it to a word document.

Thanks guys

David

Private Sub CmdOPEN_Click()
Worksheets("SHEET1").Range("a2").Value = cm1
megafile = Worksheets("SHEET1").Range("A1").Value
Windows("OPEN INFO.xls").Visible = False
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Workbooks.Open megafile, False, True
Unload Me
End Su

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi David:

Are you wanting to drive word from Excel, just open word files or convert it
to Word?
To open word you can just use Shell, Shell ("winword.exe")

Depending on what you want to do, I'll answer more in depth.
"DB100 " wrote in message
Hi all

I am seriously hoping someone can help.

I have created a Userform, which accesses a hidden sheet and depending
on the selection runs a formula from the sheet and opens a relevant
spreadsheet...

But...........

I have now adapted this to open another set of files, but these are
doc and therefore won't open.

I have used the below to open Excel files and works fine. I am hoping
someone can help adapt it to a word document.

Thanks guys

David

Private Sub CmdOPEN_Click()
Worksheets("SHEET1").Range("a2").Value = cm1
megafile = Worksheets("SHEET1").Range("A1").Value
Windows("OPEN INFO.xls").Visible = False
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Workbooks.Open megafile, False, True
Unload Me
End Sub

---

Challenge for Anyone to take it on. SO CONFUSED Excel Worksheet Functions 4 November 12th 08 10:42 AM
A challenge doss04 New Users to Excel 0 October 22nd 08 08:03 AM
Here's a challenge... thorshammer Excel Worksheet Functions 4 August 12th 08 06:15 PM
Challenge OwenGiryluk Excel Worksheet Functions 10 October 1st 07 10:33 PM
A Challenge jimbob Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 17 April 1st 06 10:37 PM