Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default RUNTIME ERROR '1004' --- Select method of worksheet class failed

i have the same error when accessing a worksheet. part of my code is a
posted below..

Workbooks.Open Filename:="Sales.xls"
Sheets("Branch1").Select '== this produces the error as quoted by th
subject

i need to copy the computations from the selected sheet to anothe
file.

any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance

-
jawe

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sheets("Branch1").Select

should be:

Sheets("Branch1").Activate
Bill

"jawee" wrote in message

i have the same error when accessing a worksheet. part of my code is as
posted below..

Workbooks.Open Filename:="Sales.xls"
Sheets("Branch1").Select '== this produces the error as quoted by the
subject

i need to copy the computations from the selected sheet to another

--
jawee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

thanks, it worked! :D

Bill Renaud wrote:
*Sheets("Branch1").Select

should be:

Sheets("Branch1").Activate
Bill

"jawee" wrote in message
...[vbcol=seagreen]

i have the same error when accessing a worksheet. part of my cod

is as
posted below..

Workbooks.Open Filename:="Sales.xls"
Sheets("Branch1").Select '== this produces the error as quoted b

the
subject

i need to copy the computations from the selected sheet to another
file.

any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

--
jawee

[/vbcol]

-