Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default help moving info from one sheet to another automatically

I have a form that I need to create that will take information from the
previous months form and paste it into this months form in the correct
colum.... automatically.. or run a little routine..... I need it so the
user doesn't have to know how to manipulate excel too much.....

for example I have a sheet set up that has a total billed to customer in
colume H.

so the next month.. I need to create another form and have that colume of
numbers move into colume D(previous months column) on the next months form.
Then the current month information will go in and be added to the previous
month to get the total completed so far...... which is always colum H.

Does that make sense?

And so on and so on....

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I think you could record a macro when you copy|paste (Cut|paste?), but I don't
think I'd do it this way.

I'd add another column that indicates the month-year (just the date formatted
nicely).

If you keep all the data in one worksheet, you'll be able to do lots more stuff
with it (pivottable summaries, charts and graphs, sorts, subtotals).

You could select your range and do Data|Filter|autofilter to show just the
months you want.

If you still need to copy|paste, post back with a few more details if you get
stuck fixing up that recorded macro.

--

Dave Peterson