Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default formula to sum LAST five (5) values in column

TRY
=ROUND((SUM(B3:B10)) / COUNT(B3:B10),0)

Date Score
2 5/12/04 50
3 5/15/04 49
4 5/20/04 Did not Play
5 5/29/04 50
6 6/01/04 45
7 6/05/04 50
8 6/10/04 Did not Play
9 6/20/04 49

COUNT 6 COUNT(B3:B10)
TOTAL 293 SUM(B3:B10)

49 ROUND((SUM(B3:B10)) / COUNT(B3:B10),0)

"rleonard" wrote in message
I am trying to develop a formula that will sum last 5 values entered in a

column of numbers.

The values are golf scores which i need to total so i can come up with an

average based on last 5 games. problem is that
a person may not have a score for every date, for example:
Row a b
1 Date score
2 5/12/04 50
3 5/15/04 49
4 5/20/04 Did not play
5 5/29/04 50
6 6/01/04 45
7 6/05/04 50
8 6/10/04 Did not play
9 6/20/04 49

count(A2:A9)=6
Sum(A2:A9)=293

i need a formula that wii sum just the last 5 scores, which in this case

would be 243.

Thanks for any help!
Bob Leonard