Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Userform Question

If you have a conversation log box, then just try adding it to the userform.
It isn't a control distributed with Excel, so I believe testing it would be
the easiest way to find out.

Tom Ogilvy

"Josh" wrote in message
Is it possible in a userform to have a conversation log box? I would like

to have it like the message box that I am typing in now.

Josh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I do not have a conversation log box... I need to find a way to create one in the userform. If anyone can help me create this it would be much appreciated

Josh
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

As I suspected, Google returned this:

Your search - "Conversation Log Box" - did not match any documents.

Perhaps there is a better name for it.

Tom Ogilvy

"Josh" wrote in message
I do not have a conversation log box... I need to find a way to create one

in the userform. If anyone can help me create this it would be much
appreciated.

Josh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am not sure what to call it. To try and explain better, I want a large text box like box where the user can write notes on what they are doing. I have tried having just a large text box but the return key doesn't go to the next line

Any suggestions on how to accomplish this

Josh
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If the textbox is from the control toolbox toolbar, then you need to set the
property for EnterKeyBehavior to True

from help for EnterKeyBehavior

True Pressing ENTER creates a new line.
False Pressing ENTER moves the focus to the next object in the tab
order (default).

also, you might want to set MultiLine property to True as well. (although
this is the default)

True The text is displayed across multiple lines (default).
False The text is not displayed across multiple lines.

and possibly the wordwrap property to true. (again, the default)

True The text wraps (default).
False The text does not wrap.

Tom Ogilvy