Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default openning spreadsheet

If a user open a spreadsheet in a workbook pressing button
on a form with a proc like below:
Set xlBook = xlApp.Workbooks.Open(strWorkbookName)
Set xlSheet = xlBook.Worksheets(strWorksheetName)
xlSheet.Activate

xlApp.Visible = True

The workbook with the strWorksheetName1 is still opened
(visible).

How could the user activate another strWorksheetName2
pressing the button again and without closing and
reopenning the workbook. (There are 100 sheets).

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Your button is executing

Set xlBook = xlApp.Workbooks.Open(strWorkbookName

every time it is pressed. You need to check whether the worbook is already open: if yes, don't open it otherwise open it

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks a lot. I'm doing the checking whether the workbook
is opened. It's working good. But, if it's opened how can
I activate (open) another worksheet.

If logFileIsOpened = True Then '< checking working good

' < what should I do here to open another worksheet
without reopenning workbook

Else
'< It's working good
Set xlApp = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
Set xlBook = xlApp.Workbooks.Open(strFileName)
Set xlSheet = xlBook.Worksheets(strRecipeNum)
xlSheet.Activate
DoCmd.SetWarnings True
xlApp.DisplayAlerts = True
xlApp.Visible = True